Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Approaching the Big Three-Oh

I finished cleaning for now. It still feels dirty. Gus is happy I’m done with the vacuum. Tomorrow is my birthday. This year’s theme: happiness comes from within.

I thought I’d have a plan all worked out. Something along the lines of: “How I want to live from 30 on…” But I think some guiding principles are enough. Listen more, eat a little less sugar, start a retirement fund, exercise for total body fitness, don’t neglect the mind, learn, laugh, don’t be afraid. Follow heart but consult the brain, too. Remember how lucky I am and know that I am a part of everyone I interact with. Listen to more music. Be in touch with family and friends. Challenge self. Read rather than watch TV and get a mentor. Be kind and forgiving to self and others.

That’s a good start.

Goodnight!

Jess

No comments: