Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday

Hello,

After learning about Marsbots all day at the Natural History Museum, I swiped two donuts from the refreshments table and waited outside the museum for Nate to pick me up (we are down to one car which I think is neat). When I saw him I offered up the donuts and I told him I was a saint for going to a teacher training on my Saturday (a beautiful Saturday at that). He replied, “Well then say ‘yes’”. So agreeably I said, “yes, but to what did I just say ‘yes’ to?”

Thus, we drove on out to LCC and hiked through the granite boulder field (I love that) to the base of some slabby, slabby climbs. Nate set up the top rope and I followed after taking a few bounces on the rope to you know, make sure they would hold me (oh Jess). Then I flailed around…not so much climbing really. I did make myself do it twice more, which was a good thing because I improved a lot. Good for me! It’s all about getting your rump out there, putting the weight on your feet, and making funny noises to keep it light. Nate hoisted up and took some pictures of me which are probably not that good because I was preoccupied with how he could belay me and shoot photos of me at the same time.

Then we went left and found another slabby, slabby climb. I went up it first and had fun! Nate picked his nose and wiped the boogers on his pants as I climbed. I yelled down, “Nice booger!” because it was so big that I could see it from 30 feet up.

On the way down Nate spotted two black ant colonies at war. He gently spat on them as he waited for me to catch up, which I’m sure didn’t help either side. On the way home we got some fountain drink that tastes like Orange Julius called “Orange Banger” at a gas station. Tonight we decided; dinner and a movie that Nate’s been wanting to see about one of his comic book heroes (shhhhh…)

Love, me

PS- Just got home. Nate and I found out while we were waiting for our Chinese dinner to arrive that he was born in the year of the Tiger and I, the horse. We are compatible according to the HoHo Gourmet restaurant’s placemat but I already had a feeling... After, we saw Iron Man, which was awesome. Really.

PPS-I love my husband.

No comments: