Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mid August

Today I am riding old pass road. It's one of the last things on my original list of things to do this summer. The thing is, the list has grown as I've learned about this area.

A good friend of mine, Jen, came up for a visit and we canoed the Teton River, rode the aspen trail and at (someone's) basin up at Targhee. It was really neat to have a buddy here besides Nate. Jen went home and told her fiance that she wants to move here.

Gus and I had a two week stay in SLC where I worked two science camps at the museum (ecosystems and science theater). It was really neat to see friends, care for the house, see my dad, and hit up some of my favorite stops.

A few days ago I went to Lander to meet Nate after he and his friend Josh had spent 4 days in the Winds climbing all over it. We ate at the Lander Bar on the patio and Nate had a sparkle in his eye...content, inspired, and tired.

We spent the next three days in Lander with our friend Nick who will be leaving shortly for a 9 month adventure in New Zealand!

In two days I report for duty at school. Where did the summer go?

No comments: